We are aware that a fraudulent email is being distributed advising of a change to our bank account details.
The email appears to be sent from one of our Contract Managers, and includes his electronic signature.
- PLEASE IGNORE any emails, letters or telephone calls claiming that our bank account has changed.
- If you are approached to change our banking details please send us the details so we can alert the relevant bank/s' fraud departments.
- If you receive a PURCO SA invoice with new banking details do not pay it.
- If you have questions contact PURCO SA by telephone at 011 545 0940.
As a general rule:
- Do not rely on emails, phone calls or letters advising of bank account changes.
- If you receive a request to change bank account details contact someone you usually deal with at the company before making any changes to beneficiary accounts.
- When calling the company to query any changes to banking details, use a known number, a number on a previous invoice, or a known email address.
- Do not use any phone number or email address given to you telephonically or printed on an email, letterhead or invoice (which requests a bank account change).
- If you look for a telephone number or email address on the internet make sure you are visiting the company's actual website and not a fraudulent site.
- The information on this website is useful: https://www.sabric.co.za/stay-safe/changing-bank-details-scam/