The University of Venda, together with PURCO SA have collaborated in the Travel Management Services sector to participate in an open tender process to provide domestic and international travel management services for the University of Venda which is situated in Thohoyandou, Limpopo Province for a period of five (5) years.
The University of Venda has an average number of approximately 880 permanent/project staff members, 600 part timers and 15039 students. The part time employees are appointed to perform duties such as invigilation of examinations, while temporary staff members are appointed during peak periods such as registrations and examinations, etc.
The scope of work included, but not limited to: Arranging and booking domestic and International accommodation for Univen key stakeholders (Council members, employees and students when necessary);
- Arranging for visa applications and visas where necessary;
- Providing specialised group travel arrangements;
- Providing conference, related travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Advising on relevant health precautions in lieu of selected travel destinations where applicable;
- Maintaining University of Venda’s frequent traveller programmes e.g. SAA’s Voyager;
- Alerting and advising University of Venda on any other suitable corporate agreement on offer and any other travel related matters;
- Preparing and arranging for delivery of travel tickets, vouchers and relevant documents;
- Administrative and accounting services;
- Providing travel services from 7:30 am to 17:00 pm during working days. Bidders must note that service will be required post the stipulated working hours;
- Providing a contact number for 24 hours emergency services, services on weekends and official holidays as and when required;
- Effecting unexpected changes to a travel plan or accommodation and;
- Providing monthly reports on travel and travel spent, travel wasteful expenditure (no shows), if any; amongst other reports.
The University of Venda and PURCO SA congratulates Tourvest Holding (Pty) Ltd, the successful supplier in the public tender process for a term of five (5) years, at the University of Venda for the provision of travel management services.